I want to give a huge thanks to driftinglexi for nominating me for this award; go check out her blog, there’s books and beauty all in one place, what could be better?. I love these because it let’s other bloggers find you and get’s your name out there!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Reading with Jenna
- The Book Wars
- Book Guy Reviews
- To Borrow or Buy
- Pages Abound
- Dysfunction Literacy
- Love Affair with Fiction
- Babbling of a Bibliophile
- She Likes to Read
- The Perks of Being a Bookworm
- Kacie’s Bookshelf
- A heart Wide Open
- What’s She Reading?
- Fictional Forevers
- Write a post to show off your award. Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above.)
I started my blog a few months ago, and when I started it it was just something to do. I wanted other to know what I was reading because on a daily basis I would get asked for recommendations for books. This way I would be able to direct people to my blog for what I am reading, and that is exactly what is happening. I only post on my blog when I finish a book, and sometimes that’s three in one day, or one in a week. It just depends, but I also have my book challenge this year of reading 50 books. Well, I finished that over a month ago, so I uped the number to 100. Along side my book reviews I do author spotlights, to read lists, #tbt’s, and constant updates on how my reading is going.
When I started my blog I didn’t think that it would be viewed like it is today. I mean my blog isn’t the most popular and I only get 15-20 views a day, which is very little for most people, but a lot for me. About a month ago my blog started to get more followers and I hit my spike and received over 100 followers and have almost reached 1000 views for my blog. It may be a slow start, but there is nothing more I could ask for when it comes to my blog. The fact that people want to read my stuff makes me giddy, so don’t think if you blog is running slow that no one is looking, or that if you don’t have many followers it will always be like that. Greatness takes time, and that is something that all of us have.
There was a point in time though when I must admit that what went through my head was that no one was reading my blog, and no one cared, and why should I even be doing this. I almost gave up, but then I just kept posting like a robot. I didn’t love posting my reviews and they felt like a chore, but then when more people started to come to my blog it all changed. I love writing my posts every day, and love to keep my readers involved in my life. You all are amazing people and this blog would be nothing without you!
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!