So I wasn’t planning on doing another Liebster award, but since I was nominated a third time I thought hey why not! I’m at 150 followers, so who knows when I won’t be eligible for this award again. I would like to thank both Shannon and Drinkingbooks. I am going to do both sets of their questions in order of nomination then do a collective 11 facts about myself. Hope you enjoy!
Here are the rules!
1. Are you a morning person, or a night person?
I’m a little bit of both. I love staying up late, but can wake up at the crack of dawn and be totally fine. This is my problem right now since I am been up since 4 am today, and it is 4am the next day and I just got home from work.
2. What’s your favorite color of food?
Blue. I always had a thing for blue foods when I was a kid because it made my mother so angry when I ate it and it turned my mouth blue, therefore I love blue food!
3. Most read and reviewed genre?
Romance. I adore romance novels. They are what get me through life because I don’t see my husband a whole lot and sometimes I just need happy love, and romance novels do that for me.
4. Favorite pastime (besides reading)?
Writing. To be a great writing you must be a great reader. So when I’m not reading I’m writing. My blog. My book. Anything.
5. What’s your dream city?
Seattle, Washington. I will settle for Portland, Oregon.
6. Favorite Olympic sport to watch?
Gymnastics. I used to do it when I was a kid, so I love watching these men and woman do things that I could never get my body to do.
7. Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
Both. I am very outgoing, but am totally to myself at the same time. A lot of the time it feels like I am two different personalities. One for work where everyone knows me and I talk to them, and then the homebody who stays in a reads and watches Doctor Who all day… like I am right now.
8. What’s your favorite television show?
Superwholock. Enough said.
9. What’s your dream job?
I would say writer. But in all truth it would be so much cooler to be paid to read books that I love for a living.
10. Who’s your favorite artist? (can be either musical or fine arts)
Let’s go musical because I haven’t looked at fine arts in a while. My favorite band of all time is Papa Roach, but my favorite genre is country.
11. How long have you had your blog, and what keeps you writing?
I have had my blog for about 4 months, and when people like my posts and comment on them it makes me feel like at least one person out there is reading my reviews and that is all that I wanted from this blog. I just want people to read my thoughts and talk to me about books. I’m a pretty simple girl.
1. Which book character would you like to bring to life and why?
Will Herondale. He is the only fictional character that I would leave my husband for and my husband knows that. By the way, my husband’s name is Will also ;]
2. Most read book genre this year?
Romance novels. Again I love them.
3. Where do you read?
Anywhere that is comfortable. It could be in bed, on the couch, or even on the floor.
4. Which book series would you love to be made into a film or tv series and who would you like to play the main character?
My choice was already made into a movie, and is no becoming a tv show so my dreams are coming true! I loved The Mortal Instruments movie, and the new Shadowhunter series coming to ABC Family is the best thing I could ask for. I don’t really have a dream cast, but the choices they have made are pretty spot on.
5. What do you use to mark the pages of your books?
Mail. I tear up junk mail and just slip it in.
6. Why do you book blog?
I want people to read what I think of books. I don’t care if they agree or not, but if they do or don’t then talk to me about it. Tell me why you hated a book that I loved. I just want to talk to people about books!
7. What got you into reading?
I’ve been reading since I was in elementary school, but what got me into loving reading was the fact that my teachers let me read what I loved. They realized that that was the only way that I was willingly going to read.
8. Do you have any unpopular bookish opinions?
Get ready for it.
I LOVE Fifty Shades of Grey.
Yes, the entire series. They call to me and have read each book about ten times. They fill my heart and soul with desire. Yes I know they are badly written, but the story just gets to me every time.
9. Which book character do you relate to the most?
Ronnie from The Last Song. It is the only book that I have ever read that is so close to my life, and everything that this girl goes through is what I have went through with losing her father and trying to find the man who can help her out of her darkest time. I cried so much when I read the book.
10. Do you prefer e-books or physical books?
I would prefer to have all of my books in hand, but let’s be real, that is expensive. I have realize more with my kindle that a lot of romance novels are so much cheaper for ebook, so I have caved to buying a lot more books on my ebook. When I can spend $100 for only 10 physical books, but that much on my kindle last for almost 100 books. So worth it.
11. Sum up your perfect book in 5 words or less.
Death, heartache, THEN love.
11 Fun facts:
Let me just start off by saying that facts about myself are weird, not like things about me are weird, but who the hell thinks things about them are fun and cool? Like what do you people find interesting about me?! I’m just a weird 24 year old who does nothing with her life.
1. I love turtles and zebras.
2. I am a merchandise coordinator at the World of Disney in Florida.
3. I have been married for almost 2 years.
4. I have a beautiful daughter named Lexi. She’s and Old English Bulldog.
5. I was supposed to go to college for mathematics, but chose to go for literature instead. Pissed my mom off.
6. I have written 3 books, but have tossed all of them eventually.
7. I’m a massive fangirl. I don’t love, I obsess.
8. I’m addicted to sweet tea and peppercinis.
9. I love football, soccer, and Nascar.
10. I have read only 80 books so far this year. My goal is 100, but I think it may be more towards 125!
11. A part of my heart is frozen. Literally. I have an extra piece of skin on my heart and they had to freeze it.
So this part I am going to cheat on. I am going to use the same questions as I did for my first Lobster Award. I loved them then and I still do now and am curious to see how people answer!
1. What was the first book you ever read?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. What’s your favorite place you have traveled to?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What is your favorite hobby?
6. What’s your favorite quote?
7. What Harry Potter house are you a part of?
8. What fandoms are you a part of?
9. What is your favorite tv show?
10. What is your least favorite movie?
11. What do you love/hate the most about Disney?
Everyone! If you have not bee nominated before then I nominate you! I think that these awards are a great way to get new bloggers names out there and truly help the community of blogging! Enjoy!