I know I said I wasn’t going to do Awards or tags this year, but I figured one every once in a while would be ok and not fully over take this blog! So today I would like to thank Confessions of a Literary Addict for nominating me for this award. I figured this would be a good award to start the year off with since I’m growing closer to my one year anniversary with my blog and want to share my experience that I have gone through in this time frame!
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
3. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
4. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
5. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
My Journey Through Blogging:
So this time last year I was just like whatever reading as many books as possible, but as summer soon approached I got ancy and started to think what if I did reviews for books. That idea quickly turned into why not make a blog. I did lots of research and at first started out only with a Blogspot account then also had a WordPress account too. At some point in time about a month into blogging – around May – I realized that I may have had more views on my Blogspot account, but had more interactions on my WordPress.
I admit that I gave up on my Blogspot and just left it hanging, but have dedicated so much time into this WordPress account that I am so proud of it. During the time of having this blog I have done a name change and a whole look change as well. For me I think this enhanced my blog, but also made it easier to access and roam around. If there are too many links or too many images or even if you have an infinity scroll it makes it hard for readers to get through your blog or even for your blog to fully upload.
In the last nine months of this blog I have learned that communication is key. If someone comments or links to my blog I always respond. This keeps a constant relationship with your readers and they know them commenting or connecting to your blog isn’t a waste. To go with that make sure to reach out to other bloggers. If you expect someone to come to you, sometimes you have to come to them first. This is a great way to make friends on the blogsphere.
My last piece of advice is to just be yourself. If your bloggers don’t like that then they should be following you. You should be able to express yourself in what ever way you want. Me, I LOVE to curse and don’t really and have made that clear on my blog, and thankfully have never had any sort of complaints form readers which to me means they love me ❤ Well I think at least lol
Love you all! ❤
So now that you all of have read this here are my nominations for the award. These blogs are either new to me or new to the blogsphere and I think you all should check them out! 😀